If there is one thing I enjoy as much as preparing food, it is bad puns.
Just the sort of salad to soothe the troubled mind after a trying day. And aren’t they all?
This makes two serves of around 1,400 kJ.
- 4 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 apple, cored, sliced and diced
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp of your favourite mayonnaise or aioli
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 75g pistachio nut kernels
- Dried cranberries to garnish
- Splash the apple pieces with lemon juice and toss as soon as they are cut
- Combine all the ingredients and season to taste
- Chill for a bit
- Garnish with cranberries
- Cheer up and eat.